Saturday, September 14, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #184




A young Russian intelligence officer is assigned to seduce a first-tour CIA agent who handles the CIA's most sensitive penetration of Russian intelligence. The two young officers collide in a charged atmosphere of trade-craft, deception, and inevitably forbidden passion that threatens not just their lives but the lives of others as well. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Not being the biggest fan of Jennifer Lawrence I went into watching RED SPARROW for an adventure like ATOMIC BLONDE or LA FEMME NIKITA. Having seen the trailer I should have adjusted my anticipation cause as I watched I found something completely different. As I continued to watch I further drifted out of interest and whether that was do to the telling of the story or my lack of belief in Jennifer Lawrence’s performance I couldn’t tell you, but I did lose interest. Even with it’s sexual and sensual allure the film did not keep me engaged. So for RED SPARROW I give it 2 stars of 5.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment