Saturday, November 9, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #189


Joker centers on an origin of the iconic arch nemesis and is an original, standalone story not seen before on the big screen. Todd Phillips' exploration of Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix), a man disregarded by society, is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale. Written by Warner Bros. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Well I finally broke down and went and saw JOKER. This was definitely at a point where the major hoopla around the movie had died down and I had seen enough quotes on how great it was and was ready to see it myself. Not knowing what expect having avoided all spoilers I felt the film was set up very well putting you in a world and time in Gotham that parallel and stayed true to the storyline I was familiar with. The development of Joker in the film played by Joaquin Phoenix I found was incredible and I am sure there is Oscar buzz for him there. In the end I found JOKER to be very entertaining and thought provoking so I give it 3.75 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment