Saturday, November 16, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #190



Childhood friends Jerry (Jeremy Renner), Callahan (Jon Hamm), Randy (Jake Johnson), Sable (Hannibal Buress) and Hoagie (Ed Helms) have been competing in the same game of tag for 30 years. When Jerry gets married, he attempts to retire from the intense annual game without ever being "it," causing the other four to band together and go to extreme lengths to finally tag him. Directed by Jeff Tomsic. Inspired by the Wall Street Journal article "It Takes Planning, Caution to Avoid Being It." (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

For a film on the joys of never fully growing up TAG has that in aces. Having seen the trailer to this film in the theater I was intrigued by the premise and added it to my Netflix queue. Although this film wasn’t on the top of my list it took some time to come around. When it did though, I was reminded of my past interest and pleasantly surprised by the film itself. I think the initial attraction was in the cast, which I felt delivered the goods in this unique true story. Furthermore, this true to life story had some good organic laughs so for TAG I give it 3.2 stars of 5.






No comments:

Post a Comment