Saturday, November 23, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #191


Eddie Murphy portrays real-life legend Rudy Ray Moore, a comedy and rap pioneer who proved naysayers wrong when his hilarious, obscene, kung fu fighting alter ego, Dolemite, became a 1970s Blaxploitation phenomenon. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Upon seeing the trailer for DOLEMITE IS MY NAME via Netflix my anticipation to see this film was triggered. This was partly due to not having seen Eddie Murphy in a film for sometime and that the film was taking on a blaxploitation subject matter. Once I got my chance to watch I was pleasantly surprise as the film tells a great story of perseverance. I felt the cast was well selected and performed well in this heartfelt film. So in the end it looks like Eddie Murphy is back and so for DOLEMITE IS MY NAME I give it a 3.85 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment