Saturday, January 4, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #196


Set in 1980s Detroit at the height of the crack epidemic and the War on Drugs, WHITE BOY RICK is based on the moving story of a blue-collar father and his teenage son, Rick Wershe Jr., who became an undercover police informant and later a drug dealer, before he was abandoned by his handlers. (Courtesy of The Internet Movie Database)

Having seen the 2018 trailer of WHITE BOY RICK at the theater seeing it on the big screen made an impression. Upon watching I found an interesting film, yet at the same time I felt the storytelling lacked visuals that would have heightened my interests for this film. Furthermore, through out the film I questioned if the casting of the main character could have been better. So for WHITE BOY RICK I give it 3 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment