Saturday, January 11, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #197


A former rodeo star, with a small time life, unknowingly starts a rapport with a young man who is responsible for the violence that has suddenly gripped his small town. Every character from his loved ones to his business patrons plays a part in the unraveling of this community. Our aged hero must face his relationships of past and present to come up against this unpredictable predator. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

On one of those nights looking for something to watch, I found myself taking in the 2017 released film SWEET VIRGINIA.  The film had a few actors Jon Bernthal and Christopher Abbott that I enjoyed their performance in other projects and hoped for the same here. Upon watching I found myself drawn in by a slow burning story and the majestic views of British Columbia. In the end this dark story won me over, but may not have that memorable factor for a second viewing. So for SWEET VIRGINIA I give it 3.5 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment