Saturday, July 18, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #221


After a difficult struggle with fertility, Tori Breyer's dreams of motherhood come true with the arrival of a mysterious baby boy. Brandon appears to be everything Tori and her husband, Kyle, ever wanted -- bright, talented and curious about the world. But as Brandon nears puberty, powerful darkness manifests within him, and Tori becomes consumed by terrible doubts about her son. Once Brandon begins to act on his twisted urges, those closest to him find themselves in grave danger. Written by twiztedhollow60 (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

BRIGHT BURN (2019) is directed by David Yarovesky, written by Brian & Mark Gunn, produced by James Gunn. From seeing the trailer, it left me a little confused, is it a superhero story or a horror movie? Upon watching, I got the sense that the film was a bit of both—a friend of mine calling it the Superman horror origin story. 

With that in my head, I watched this story unfold, and as I did, I could see the comparison, and that for me lowered the novelty of this story considerably. Furthermore, I found myself tuning out as the BRIGHTBURN character was reaching his height of power. 

In the End: BRIGHTBURN (2019) put a twist on a familiar origin story and hoped we’d want to see more hinting at a sequel. So for this film, I give it 2 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment