Saturday, July 25, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #222



Governor George W. Bush of Texas picks Dick Cheney, the CEO of Halliburton Co, to be his Republican running mate in the 2000 presidential election. No stranger to politics, Cheney's impressive resume includes stints as White House chief of staff, House Minority Whip and defense secretary. When Bush wins by a narrow margin, Cheney begins to use his newfound power to help reshape the country and the world Written by Jwelch5742 (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database )

VICE (2018) is written & directed by Adam McKay and produced by Will Ferrell and Brad Pitt. I was low key expecting VICE based on the way the trailer was cut to be this vivacious uproar of a film. Upon watching, I found something different, knowing how the content of the film actually played out as I lived through it, I would consider this a modern-day political gangster film. 

As a person who, as I mentioned, lived through these events, my perspective was much different. This film gave a behind the scenes look at how the politics of that time worked. More specifically, how politics worked in the era of Dick Cheney, who was played marvelously by Christian Bale. At my first viewing, the pacing and unfolding of the story were a bit confusing, but by my second viewing, I better saw what the director Adam McKay was trying to get across. 

In the End: VICE delivered an animated film that gave the viewer another perspective on one of the key figures of an era in American history that we’ll never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment