Saturday, March 4, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #64


Summer, New York City. A college girl falls hard for a guy she just met. After a night of partying goes wrong, she goes to wild extremes to get him back. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I had passed over this film on several occasions before finally making the decision to give it a view. I don’t even remember the trailer so my hopes for this film I’d have to say were not that high. Upon viewing I’d have to say that it was entertaining in the way that people flock to watch a fight break out or how people rubberneck when they see a car wreck. This story was just that a scene of unfortunate events that lead to a whole lot of disaster. At the center of this story is Leah, the white girl, who navigates her savage, sex crazed, and drug infused world in such a way that you both pity her and fear for her life. By the end of the film your glad she is alive, but at the same time you can’t believe she didn’t come out worse. Sensing this could be viewed as a cautionary film Leah’s love of life and naiveté show through her choices and make it hard for me to recommend this film to just anyone as they may be influenced by what they see. In the end I find WHITE GIRL to be an adventurously bold film that I give 3 ¾ stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment