Saturday, March 25, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #67


A young, recently released and unpredictable ex-con with bad luck, and a sexy, listless girl-next-door with a troubled family, become trapped in a downward spiral of crime and obsessive love, as they try to ditch their dead-end town for a better life. Written by Anon (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)
The possibilities the direction of this could have gone was the reason I viewed it. I am all for a redemptive story and this would be the perfect set up for that. Young man sent to prison for his crime and is set free after doing his time and meets the girl that will help him changes his ways. Another aspect that intrigued me about this film was the setting of “Dixieland” the south, or better yet the poor white south. All of these elements for me made for interesting and refreshing viewing taking me to a place I’ve never been. Upon viewing the film took on an ethereal feel that at first was a little jarring, but as I picked up the flow I was able to relate. My only question with the film was part storyline and who or whom the film was really about. From the start of the film we focused on one character only to switch to another’s point of view late in the film that seemed confusing and cheap. Overall I wouldn’t recommend DIXIELAND to a friend as there just isn’t enough there to make it something special. So for DIXIELAND I give it 3 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment