Saturday, March 18, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #66


Follows the journey of a young boy, Agu, who is forced to join a group of soldiers in a fictional West African country. While Agu fears his commander and many of the men around him, his fledgling childhood has been brutally shattered by the war raging through his country, and he is at first torn between conflicting revulsion and fascination Depicts the mechanics of war and does not shy away from explicit, visceral detail, and paints a complex, difficult picture of Agu as a child soldier. Written by Bennie Carden (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I don’t know if I’d ever be ready to live the reality of life depicted in the film BEASTS OF NO NATION. When it first appeared on Netflix I took notice as it starred Idris Alba and at that time I was watching episodes of LUTHER and enjoyed his performance there. Naturally as things played out I finally came back around and finally took the plunge into watching BEASTS OF NO NATION. Having heard of the strife and turmoil of that region and others from a friend who was from Serria Leone Africa and had his own terrifying stories to tell I felt prepared enough to understand and view this film. The story was very compelling and was in a way a coming of age type film. The performance of Abraham Attah, who played the main character, was as great as it gets. I truly feel I could recommend this film to a friend and hope they would enjoy this tragic story as much as I did. So for BEASTS OF NO NATION I give it 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment