Saturday, October 26, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #189


Alexander McQueen's rags-to-riches story is a modern-day fairy tale, laced with the gothic. Mirroring the savage beauty, boldness and vivacity of his design, this documentary is an intimate revelation of McQueen's own world, both tortured and inspired, which celebrates a radical and mesmerizing genius of profound influence. Written by Salon (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I’d have to say this selection was a departure from my film reviews in that it is a documentary rather than a film and that documentary is MCQUEEN. This is the all too tragic story of Alexander McQueen the fashion designer. Before watching this documentary I knew little about the man and more about his work. What I found myself watching was the creation of a genius who took to fashion learning all he could each step of the way only to realize that being a “genius” comes with a price among all the opulence and beauty his life had a dark side. So for MCQUEEN I give it 3.5 star of 5.
           





No comments:

Post a Comment