Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th of July weekend

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th in a fun a relaxing manner, as for myself I took in a movie and that movie was "The Last Airbender". And you gotta understand my last two trips to the Cineplex have been lackluster with Iron Man 2 and Get Him to the Greek not doing anything for me my hopes were a bit higher this time around. And as a fan of M. Night Shyamalan who directs this film I thought it would be in the bag.

Unfortunately "Airbender" was not a hit with me, taken from an animated Japanimation series this story was setup much like Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, or the lesser known Golden Compass where the first story leads to the next film. Not being familiar with the Japanimation my reaction to the characters here wasn't good. I didn't like or feel for any of them which lead me to not caring much for the out come of the entire first installment of this series. Or in other words The Last Airbender for me got 2 stars.

Photobucket









No comments:

Post a Comment