Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FILM REVIEW: 9 SONGS

Over the weekend I got the chance to screen two films one was Inception and the other was 9 Songs. This review will be for 9 Songs in hopes that more people will get a chance to see Inception themselves because I think it is the best movie in theaters right now.

So back to 9 Songs, Matt, a young glaciologist, soars across the vast, silent, icebound immensities of the South Pole as he recalls his love affair with Lisa. They meet at a mobbed rock concert in a vast music hall--London's Brixton Academy. They are in bed at night's end. Together, over a period of several months, they pursue a mutual sexual passion whose inevitable stages unfold in counterpoint to nine live-concert songs. Written by Sujit R. Varma (courtesy of imdb.com) The Director/Writer Michael Winterbottom, Produced by Andrew Eaton, from Revolution Films 2004.

9 Songs definitely caught me by surprise and not that the story was so deep and full of twists and turns, or that the acting was Oscar worthy. Everything was good more or less, but what surprised me was the way they portrayed the relationship between the main characters as they developed a love relationship after meeting at a concert. The visuals were simple and yet very beautiful. I'd hate to reduce this film to just sex scenes, but they kept it honest and I really felt like this couple was on the verge of... something real. I haven't seen 9 and 1/2 weeks, but if you are looking for a sexy alternative date movie try 9 Songs I give it 4 Stars.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment