Thursday, October 13, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?

I don't know how many of you out there are HIP HOP fans, but I'm sure we can agree that this genre of music and way of life has greatly influenced the current culture of fashion, films, and lifestyle. Furthermore, I'm sure we all can agree that having the BEST of any field, work with the soon to be BEST, or second BEST in the same field, you gotta believe they are gonna create the BEST period ...right?

Well I believe that is what happened when Jay-Z and Kanye West did when they came together to create the album "Watch the Throne". Yes, I know that's old news, the albums been out for awhile now and all the remixes are hitting the blogs, and that's cool. I'm not here to talk about the album so much as I am here to talk about the collaboration.

Love em' or Hate em' Jay-Z and Kanye do numbers, they sell records, they've had longevity in the game and they are working with new talent and passing what they've learned on. Yes, they make a great deal of money, but the fact that they are working to make art, wanting to be the BEST, wanting to make the BEST album is something I can admire. I also believe that, that frame of mind is motivate by true passion and love for what one does and I want that for my brand and I want that for my studio. So what follows is a documentary from the making of "Watch the Throne"...Enjoy.








Passion is what powers you.
Passion is what makes you get up each morning, eager to face the world.
Passion is what keeps you going, no matter how down you may feel.
Passion is power.
If you have passion, you have unlimited power.
If you have passion, you can face any adversity.
If you have passion, you have the power to persuade others to embrace your ideas.
In short, it all begins with passion.

WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?

What is it that you would be willing to get up at 3:00 AM for?
What is it that you would be willing to work until 1:00 AM for?
What is it that energizes you?
That’s what you’re passionate about.

That’s what you need to have more of in your life.

...GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment