Saturday, May 4, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #166


A gritty L.A crime saga which follows the intersecting and often personally connected lives of an elite unit of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and the state's most successful bank robbery crew as the outlaws plan an impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank of downtown Los Angeles. Written by STXfilms (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Being a huge fan of heist films I had great hopes for DEN OF THIEVES. With an interesting cast of actors involved it definitely looked like they couldn’t miss. As I watched I saw how the story followed a group of bad guys and the so called good guys giving a glimpse into their lives making the story more about those in the mix than just the heist. I liked this look giving me a feel of one of my favorite heist films HEAT. In the end although it was indeed a great attempt I felt DEN OF THEIEVES didn’t do enough to make itself standout making it an entertaining romp, but not much more. So for DEN OF THIEVES I give it 3 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment