Saturday, May 18, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #168



The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

The trailer to POLAR was indeed a great draw, but even more was the casting of Mads Mikkelsen as Duncan Vizla and I knew I was all in. Not being familiar with the graphic novel I went in not having any idea of the type of story I would encounter. Yet upon watching I began to see a story just off beat enough to keep me interested. POLAR didn’t have any major fight scenes or choreographed shootout scenes like many of the movies in this genre, but it had heart and a double cross that propelled the major part of the story. So for POLAR I give it 4 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment