Saturday, July 15, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEW #81


A small group of adventurous American soldiers in Iraq at the end of the Gulf War are determined to steal a huge cache of gold reputed to be hidden somewhere near their desert base. Finding a map they believe will take them to the gold, they embark on a journey that leads to unexpected discoveries, enabling them to rise to a heroic challenge that drastically changes their lives. Written by imran (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I chose this film because I wanted to see the entire catalog of  David. O. Russell. Not familiar with his work see FLIRTING WITH DISATER, SILVERLININGS PLAYBOOK, AMERICAN HUSTLE, and JOY. The common thread with each of those films is the comedic aspect that for me makes each of those films unique and memorable. Some may even also say the blend of actors he used worked well together like in SILVERLININGS PLAYBOOK, AMERICAN HUSTLE, and JOY. Having said that I don’t know what to think of THREE KINGS as I feel it was a film to make a comment about the Gulf War that basically was a wonderment of why were we even over there. Ultimately I like the cast and even the heist aspect of the film, but it just was a bit hard to really believe this could happen and if was indeed a possibility then I must ask why were we really there? So for THREE KINGS I give it 3 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment