Saturday, August 12, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #85


During a manned mission to Mars, Astronaut Mark Watney is presumed dead after a fierce storm and left behind by his crew. But Watney has survived and finds himself stranded and alone on the hostile planet. With only meager supplies, he must draw upon his ingenuity, wit and spirit to subsist and find a way to signal to Earth that he is alive. Millions of miles away, NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring "the Martian" home, while his crewmates concurrently plot a daring, if not impossible, rescue mission. As these stories of incredible bravery unfold, the world comes together to root for Watney's safe return. Written by 20th Century Fox  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

THE MARTIAN to me I felt was a fabulous film. Upon viewing the trailer to this film I was intrigued, but at the same time I worried they’d muck it up by introducing aliens or some strange life force that would be horribly cgi and ruin my experience. Truth be told they stayed away from all of that and other corny ploys and told a story that we all can relate to, which is personal survival and the need and the want to go home. No typically a fan of Matt Damon, but he was good in this. I also felt a film like this needs to be duplicated in another version of a storyline as it broke down the tools of problem solving for the viewer in a way that I thought also stimulated the viewers mind, which I thought was something more films need to do. So for THE MARTIAN I give it 4 ½ stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment