Saturday, August 26, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #87



SNOWDEN stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and is written and directed by Oliver Stone. The script is based on the books The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man by Luke Harding and Time of the Octopus by Anatoly Kucherena. Written by Open Road Films (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

So this past weekend I finally watched SNOWDEN. My feeling on the film compared to the content in the film seems to be sending my different direction, but lets start with the film itself. I felt the direction of the film was dealt with an entertaining and dramatic manner. I mean with Oliver Stone as director I felt did a great job. My issue with the film is I wished simply that it were a bit more enthralling visually. This leads me to the content of the story, which based on true to life events is where I feel I got lost. Understanding that all these secretive agencies exist was just mind-blowing and not just that, but a level of scary definitely was involved. So when you put the real life factoring mixed with a well-developed way to tell this story I give SNOWDEN 3 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment