Thursday, August 4, 2011

FILM REVIEW: DANIEL Y ANA

So in this Thursday post I’m reviewing the film DANIEL Y ANA. I know I usually post a brief blurp about being at the Chico Thursday Night Market, but bear with me folks, let me try something. OK. DANIEL Y ANA, is a film that caught me with a great and intriguing trailer that created a great curiosity to what the film maybe about.

DANIEL Y ANA written and directed by Michel Franco, produced by Daniel Birman Ripstien (2009). Based on true events the story is of Daniel and Ana, brother and sister, best friends. Both are at pivotal, defining moments in their contented lives. Ana is about to be married, Daniel is a gregarious teenager discovering his personal and sexual identity. Yet their harmony is instantly shattered when they are kidnapped and something shocking happens which forces them to confront their desires and fears. Suddenly their old lives are a distant memory. Now, nothing they have known will ever be the same again. Written by The Film Catalogue

I was astonished by this film, the situation these characters faced and how they reacted made for a powerful story. I mean watch this film and put yourself in one of their shoes, it’s just real hard to imagine what would be a good outlet. So for DANIEL Y ANA I give it 4 stars.

Photobucket

GO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment