Saturday, June 17, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #77


In 1987, five young men, using brutally honest rhymes and hardcore beats, put their frustration and anger about life in the most dangerous place in America into the most powerful weapon they had: their music. Taking us back to where it all began, Straight Outta Compton tells the true story of how these cultural rebels-armed only with their lyrics, swagger, bravado and raw talent-stood up to the authorities that meant to keep them down and formed the world's most dangerous group, N.W.A. And as they spoke the truth that no one had before and exposed life in the hood, their voice ignited a social revolution that is still reverberating today. Written by Universal Pictures (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

So I know I’m a little late to the party, but I can say now that I have finally seen STRAIGHT OUTTA OF COMPTON. Having grown up through the events in the movie my perspective helped by this film fill in some of the gaps of what I knew about this group. I think also it helped explain things that as a fan you are not previe to as well as create a big picture to how influential they were. I felt casting and actor’s portrayals were solid and as a whole I felt the production did justice to a story I know many people had been waiting for. So for STRAIGHT OUTTA OF COMPTON I give it 4 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment